With the opening of the Cluster of Excellence "Cyber Security in the Age of Large-Scale Adversaries", or CASA for short, Bochum is one of the top addresses for IT security.
On 29 March 2019, the launch of the cluster was celebrated in the steam blower house in Bochum with many celebrities. Around 200 guests from research, business and politics were present.
CASA will be funded with around 35 million euros over the next seven years and covers the areas of cryptography, hardware and software security and the human factor - the influence of programmers and users on IT security.
- Photo gallery of the opening ceremony at the RUB-Newsportal
- Post in Lokalzeit Ruhr from 29.03.2019 (from minute 3:15)
- Press release of the Ministry of Culture and Science of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Press release of the HGI
- Website of the cluster: casa.rub.de
- Impressions of the ceremonial opening in our video "WELCOME TO THE GRAND OPENING" on the website of the cluster